Supervisor Title: Vice President of Operations
Working Status: Fulltime
This position is responsible for planning the utilization of ACT equipment or contracted equipment to fulfill the delivery obligations of the assigned area.
- Identifying and planning the “right load” for the “right driver”.
- Maximize driver hours and utilization to maximize profit and earnings potential for ACT’s Company Drivers, ACT’s Contractors, and ACT.
- Maximize on-time delivery percentage for customer satisfaction through assigning loads to drivers that are willing and able to meet appointment requirements safely and legally.
- Prioritizing customer and driver needs in an oversold environment.
- Assign freight in order to meet deadhead percentage goal.
- Preplan drivers on another load assignment prior to arrival at their destination to meet “Load + 1” percentage goal.
- Track freight pick-up and delivery in assigned area.
- Communicate load needs to Customer Service.
- Communicate possible service failures to Customer Service.
- Inform Customer Service of service failures.
- Communicate with Business Leaders to ensure drivers have all of the information needed to successfully complete load assignments safely and on-time.
- Provide evening and weekend operations with needed information to ensure on time delivery of all freight in assigned area.
- Recovery planning and rework of other drivers’ loads in the event of a driver coming off of a committed preplan or load assignment.
Any and all other duties as requested by the Vice President of Operations.
High School graduate or equivalent
Associate or Bachelor Degree in related field preferred
At least 2 years in a transportation work environment. Experience in both Fleet Management and Customer Management preferred.
Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of AS/400 computer system
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to think “outside” the box for creative solutions
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Excellent data entry skills
- Capable of working in fast paced environment with constant interruptions
- Ability to scan computer screens and detect status changes
- Ability to take proactive actions to prevent potential issues
The results of an error caused by failure to follow through on any essential duties of this position could cause a financial disruption in the company and reduce profit for ACT, company drivers, and contractors.
- At a desk in a cubicle in the Operations area
- Continuous computer data entry and phone work
- Availability to work occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Team oriented with the ability to work with other departments to achieve organizational goals
- Dependable, high energy, with a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and perform tasks in a timely and accurate manner
- Strong problem solving skills, solution oriented
- Willing to learn new methods and procedures and train other associates
- Patient and respectful of others
- Professional and courteous
- Desire to help others
Back to Articles